On Friday 26 April 2002 3:19 pm, Ronald J. Hall wrote:

> A friend of mine can -not- get Licq to work (or any IM for that
> matter) to work under his Mandrake setup. IM's work fine from the
> Windog side of things on his machine.

If it hasn't already been done it might be worth downloading and
installing KXicq2:

http://kxicq.sourceforge.net/

(BTW the installation instructions are unnecessarily complex: all I did
was download version 0.7.7 from

http://linux.have-more-fun.net/~crissi/linux/kxicq2-0.7.7-cvs-kde3.tgz

then did the usual ./configure, make, make install without exporting
KDE3/QT3-specific environment variables)

For some reason Mandrake doesn't provide it as a package, but it's an
excellent client. It's KDE-specific - so looks better than licq - and,
crucially, has a simpler UI and fewer arcane settings than licq so
there's less chance of something going wrong ...

Alastair
--
Alastair Scott (London, United Kingdom)
http://www.unmetered.org.uk/