On Sat, 27 Apr 2002 17:23:47 +0200, Paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Apr 2002 10:19:14 -0400 Ronald wrote:
>
> >A friend of mine can -not- get Licq to work (or any IM for that matter) to
> >work under his Mandrake setup. IM's work fine from the Windog side of
> >things on his machine.
>
> What LICQ is he running? Try getting the latest daily build and run that.
> Works great with me.
> Can you ping icq.mirabilis.com, and icq1... icq2... from his place?
> If you can't access that, that could be a reason.

AOL like to occasionally change the ICQ protools to lock out independent
clients. The latest builds of LICQ have the new protocol sorted out, and they
work very well.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

"I don't think it's right and I think it causes people to make decisions which
are not even in their best interest. A, we're not evil. B, we're not an empire."
  -- Steve Ballmer, objecting to Microsoft being called "The Evil Empire"