--- Randy Kramer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> &eacgr;&ggr;&rgr;&agr;&psgr;&egr;: >
Michael Scottaline wrote:
> > While Kword can IMPORT .doc files reasonably well
> (if they're not to
> > complex), I don't believe it can export in .doc
> format.  The others do it
> > well, especially Star and Open Office.
>
> Not to get too technical, but AbiWord will actually
> export in rtf
> format, but with a .doc extension -- Word can handle
> that quite well
> (for the things which AbiWord supports, so far).
>
> Randy Kramer
>
> > Want to buy your Pack or Services from
MandrakeSoft?

> Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

Actually I did the following trick that worked. I open
Word documents .doc extension with Kword and then if I
want (I use the Kword 1.2.0 beta now it's really
amazing with many new features, try it if you like)
and then if I want to send it to someone who uses
^+)#)dozes I choose Save as... Text and then I write
the name of the file adding .doc in the extension.
MSWord behaves as follows. It actually opens the file
as text with courrier fonts and then asks the user to
save it in the latest Word format. Note that I've been
trying this with Greek language docs and all work
fine.

Cheers

Dimitris Ioannou from Greece