On 27 Apr 2002 20:14:13 -0400
Terry Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> scribbled intuitively:

>Javier,
>
>Supposedly Kword, Abiword, StarOffice and OpenOffice can all do that.
>I've used them all with mixed success. Currently I would recommend
>OpenOffice...it's quite powerful and will handle MS Excel and Powerpoint
>files as well. It's on the 8.2 distro or you can get the latest build
>from www.openoffice.org.
While Kword can IMPORT .doc files reasonably well (if they're not to
complex), I don't believe it can export in .doc format.  The others do it
well, especially Star and Open Office.

Mike

--
"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that
fool you....., he really is an idiot."

-Groucho Marx