On 30 Apr 2002, Brian Parish wrote:

> No, but looking through it, all it does is exactly what I was doing
> anyway - it just includes the download, rpm install and adds the two
> required strings into the XF86 config file.
>
> Thanks anyway.  Much appreciated.
>
> Brian

Hi there Brian,

I have had My GeForce 2 for about a year and a half now, and have always
basically used the same config file from the first run. At least I mean the
same additions to the XF86Config-4 file. The one thing that does strike me
is that there seem to be several ways to do this, and the way I do it is
not the way it's described on the Mandrake site, but a way I once read a
year and a half on some other Linux site.

At the moment I'm running L-M 8.2 (Download edition), and have:

NVIDIA_GLX-1.0-2880
NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-2880.mdk82up

.. installed. Both were for download at the NVidia site. I have attached mt
XF85Config-4 file (BZipped) to this e-mail. You will of cource have to
check is the monitor settings, mouse and Keyboard correspond to your own
settings before using it, however I cannot see how it would not work.

Give it a shot and keep us updated ;-)

Greetings
Ralph

--