Femme wrote:

>On Tue, 30 Apr 2002 14:43:37 -0700
>Sevatio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>Check out this article.
>>
>>Linux Today:
>>http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2002-04-30-018-26-PS-MS-LL
>>
>>Complete story:
>>http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/25085.html
>>
>Those links' content make me want to be sick.  The more I hear about M$
>and their tactics the more I desire their whole company to be dismantled
>properly & Sold.
>
>sigh
>
>Femme

Well, they have x hundred billion per year in revenue and y hundred
billion per year in expenses and they have never learned to control y
because they haven't had to--they could always puff x.  They could
reduce or hide part of y by some adroit (and technically extralegal or
legal) stock manipulations, but in reaity, they have a huge liability
never reported on their statements in terms of employee stock options.

Everyone wants Microsoft to succeed because their retirement funds
probably are large shareholders of Microsoft stock.  But look at the
facts; the level of administrative effort increases (a sure sign of
corporate narcissism), and the legal chicanery increases, not for more
plunder but only for status quo, and now they are throwing money at
problems, as with Unisys and "wehavethewayout".  It is handwriting on
the wall for those who can read it.  How long before the stockholders
realize the index is overstated by a factor of 40 to 80 times?  And will
AOL follow them into the pit?

But cash reserves are rather small, perhaps $30 billion tops, so when
the market sours just a little, people won't know whats happening to
Microsoft until it _has_ happened, and they will spend months thereafter
in disbelief (and perhaps economic depression).

I thought Microsoft was like IBM, could be hurt, could be convinced they
_could_ lose, but couldn't be eliminated.  It appears I was wrong.  The
IBM top execs were predacious salespeople in 1970-80, but they were not
stock manipulators.

Don't worry about the justice department.  Don't worry about the legal
manipulations or the laws they and others purchase.  Just don't let the
U S government bail them out, when their time comes.  What they have
done, not only with competition but with theft (of DRDOS) and stock
deceptions, deserves no approbation.

Remember Chrysler Corporation?  The government should not be allowed to
interfere in a free market, and certainly not to prop up a monopoly.

Civileme