On Tuesday 30 April 2002 11:13 pm, you wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Apr 2002 14:43:37 -0700
>
> Sevatio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Check out this article.
> >
> > Linux Today:
> > http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2002-04-30-018-26-PS-MS-LL
> >
> > Complete story:
> > http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/25085.html
>
> Those links' content make me want to be sick.  The more I hear about M$
> and their tactics the more I desire their whole company to be
> dismantled properly & Sold.

If anyone took the time to do some actual research -- even on a ms site,
one would find that it is not illegal to remove a preinstalled version of
windows.

What ms is trying to prevent is the seperation of the preinstalled
windows from the hardware for resale purposes. They also consider the
software to be part of the original package, and the software must be
transferred with the hardware.

What ms considers to be illegal is the following:

I buy a machine with preinstalled windows

I uninstall windows and install a real os

I sell/give the version of windows that came with the machine to someone
else

What ms wants is that when I sell or give away the machine, I must
also hand the original version of windows to whoever gets the machine
also.

--
Alex
http://www.qsl.net/kc2ivl