On Thursday 02 May 2002 18:21, Nick Andriash opened a general hailing
frequency and transmitted to all open stations:

> I am/was beginning to experiment with Linux using Mandrake 8.2 but am
> disheartened to see signatures such as yours. How typical of Linux
> Users... and almost enough to make me gag and want to wipe Linux off my
> Computer.

take a breath, read the other comments on the list about microsoft, like how
they claim it is against the law to remove it once installed.  ask yourself
if a company thats motto was once "DOS ain't done till lotus won't run" and
that created an error message in windows to get ppl to stop using another
companies DOS is one you trust?

> Tell me something Shane... Why do you feel Windows Users are fools?

cause i have my MCP and i know the majority of ppl using windows are doing
so because they believe and ad on TV/it came installed, not because it fits
what they use their machine for.

> I use
> Windows... am I a fool in your eyes?

do you honestly think windows is the way to go without investigating other
options?  wait, you are on this list, question answered?

> You don't even know me, so where do
> you get off labelling me as one... and putting something like that in
> your signature?

if it were not for immoral the behavior of the company that makes windows i
would recommend it.  because of that behavior, i can't.  because of that
behavior i think anyone who gives their money to a company bent on trapping
them into a proprietary world is behaving foolishly.

> No wonder Users are slow to try Linux, what with
> greetings like yours. I am amazed that the List Moderators haven't said
> anything to you.

shockingly, freedom of speech is something that the open source ppl think
highly of.

welcome to linux.  note sig file below.

--
Microsoft: The company that made email dangerous.

shane
Profile at: http://dmoz.org/profiles/shen.html
Proud to be a DMOZ editor since 10-98
Mandrake Users Club Member http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/club/