On Sunday 05 May 2002 16:30, Keith Lynn opened a general hailing frequency
and transmitted to all open stations:

> Hello,
>      I have Mandrake 8.0 on my laptop (Compaq 1200) and have had no
> problems for months. After a clean shutdown, I tried to log back in, but
> my X server will not start. It has problems trying to set the FontPath to
> unix/:-1. Has anyone experienced a problem like this before? What was the
> resolution? Thanks.

best i can tell you is that i have had it happen to me and recall a FAQ on
it.  if i recall the solution i was told was to edit the XF86Config file to
comment out the line, ie

#       FontPath     "unix/:-1"

as a temp fix, but i don't recall what the final fix was.  i could be
wrong.....  :)

--
"After you install Windows XP, you have the option to create user accounts.
If you create user accounts, by default, they will have an account type of

shane
Profile at: http://dmoz.org/profiles/shen.html
Proud to be a DMOZ editor since 10-98
Mandrake Users Club Member http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/club/