5/6/02 5:29:49 PM, Brian Parish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>On Tue, 2002-05-07 at 01:49, shane wrote:
>> On Monday 06 May 2002 08:35, Brian Parish opened a general hailing
frequency
>> and transmitted to all open stations:
>>
>> > I guess being forced to own a weapon to live in a certain town just made
>> > me so incredulous that...well I'm just blown away that any society could
>> > think that was normal or OK.  But who knows - I'm probably the crazy
>> > one.

  A interisting point to ponder is that from what I  have heard the crime rate in
Kenasaw Georga before passing that local ordance was extremely high compared
to the rest of the state of georgia but after that law was in place for 3 months the
crime rate had droped to way below average for the state.
  Has getting rid of most of the firearms in a lot of the UK had that kind of positive
effect?