Hi,

>> Simple fact:  Guns kill ppl.  Access to them does same.  End of story
>> here in Canada.

> Rediculous. Criminals kill people,

Accidents can kill them, too. And easy access to guns makes it easy to
get guns for crimes. I think I agree with Femme.

> and if you take away their guns, they will find dozens of other ways
> to do it (if not other illegal guns).

True, but why make it easy for them?

> You give law-abiding citizens the right to arm themselves,

Do they not have the right? AFAIK the laws only control access to
weapons, so that e.g. mentally ill people don't have access to them.

> and crime drops for two reasons. First
> because criminals change their mind about going against somebody
> that might shoot them,

The criminal never knows if the victim is armed or not, be it in a
country with less restricitve laws or with more restrictive laws.

> and second because if they do try to
> murder/rape/rob somebody, they'll be stopped!

There are other ways to stop them - tasers, tear gas... You don't have
to shoot them.

> and as for the second, there are an estimated 2 million crimes that
> are prevented every year in the States because people have the
> freedom to protect themselves with a firearm.

What country are you comparing the US with?

To your first point, what country are we talking about? Are you
criticizing some law forbiding anyone to own a gun?

BTW: What do you think about the recent shooting in Erfurt, Germany?
Do you think it could have been prevented if the 18-yar old guy
wuoldn't be allowed to own two guns legally?

Bye
Roman