On Thursday 09 May 2002 06:17 pm, you wrote:
> I know...it's been beaten to death, and was discussed just the other day.
> I just went and looked in the archives, and couldn't find that thread from
> the other day, which bites, cause it had exactly what I needed to know. So
> here I am. Anyhoo.
>
> I finally got around to installing 8.2 on this system (had been using
> 8.2b4)...I never got around to getting flash going before, because I knew
> I was going to be moving up to 8.2 soon. So, I installed the Flash plugin
> into the netscape/plugins dir, and went to Konqueror, hit the button to
> scan for Netscape plugins, and after I did so, checked the list, and they
> appeared to be there. I still don't get anything other than that download
> flash pop-up though...
>
> Now, I know there is an rpm that I need to make this all work...something
> like ns-plugins, or something like that? Can someone tell me the name of
> it? I'm assuming it must not be installed, since I'm getting no joy on
> pages with flash on it...or is there something else I could be
> overlooking?

Roger:
Here's what I ended up doing:
1. Installed the Flash rpm from the Commercial Apps disk.
2. Downloaded kdebase-nsplugins-2.2.2-93mdk.i586.rpm from www.rpmfind.net,
and installed it. (It seems that this file may be on one of the PowerPack
CD's, but somehow Software Manager isn't aware of it. It's not a very big
download (roughly 700K or so.)
3. Ran nspluginscan from the command line.
4. Rebooted KDE. Voila! The Netscape Plugins option showed up in the
Konqueror configuration menu.
5. Called Will (two-year-old grandson, and the prime mover behind this
project), and we watched Tebo slide down Clifford's back. Much joy. One
thing: When I ran nspluginscan, a lot of messages flew by, and some of them
didn't seem too friendly, but it worked. I suppose I should look in the logs.
-- cmg