On Saturday 11 May 2002 02:44 pm, you wrote:
> i am not saying they are, i do know they have said there is no chance of a
> linux desktop

Yes, and their distro SUCKS for a desktop.

> that most ppl who use linux as a desktop  rather than a
> server use something else, and that now their "desktop" offering has a
> rebate for "upgrading from" other linux disros.
>
> i am asking if redhat perhaps percieves they are losing ground.

Maybe they are... But so long as they have the support of the big companies,
they don't have to worry.  Whether you or I like it or not, Red Hat is te
defacto standard as far as Linux is concerned.  They have done much good
work, and as a result, Mandrake was created.

I personally prefer Mandrake as a distro, and as a company, because they do
believe in the Linux desktop market.

I am not going to battle it out with you guys over this stupid Red Hat issue.

Red Hat users hate Mandrake users, and Mandrake users hate Red Hat users.
It's a brutal war.  Get over it. It is a freaking distro of Linux. Use what
you want, and stop bitching about the other.

Okay... Now, if Mandrake offered a discount for Red Hat or SuSE users, would
you all flip out at Mandrake and scream "foul! foul!" or would you be all
"Yay Mandrake! You beat up that mean guy in red!"

I am betting on the latter.

--
D. Olson
The Mandrake eXPerience