On Saturday 11 May 2002 11:36, D. Olson opened a general hailing frequency
and transmitted to all open stations:

> On Saturday 11 May 2002 01:16 pm, you wrote:
> > > They AREN'T. They are simply giving a discount to other Linux
> > > users...
> >
> > Do you know that for a fact, or are you just giving them the benefit
> > of the doubt?
>
> Umm... They aren't forcing anyone to give away their Mandrake CDs, and
> they aren't forcing you to agree to not use Mandrake...
>
> You should be a little less hasty toward a company that produced much of
> Mandrake.

i am neither judging their work (i don't like them on the desktop, but that
is personal preferance, i also don't like gnome, but many individual gnome
products are run by me regularly) nor the company.  i am simply pointing
out that they off a rebate for "upgrading from suse or mandrake" as the
sticker said.

i _am_ going to pass judgement on the fact that while that rebate seems
reasonable, why is it not extended to users of, say for example, win95 or
win98?

--
"Doing my part to piss off the religious right."

shane
Profile at: http://dmoz.org/profiles/shen.html
Proud to be a DMOZ editor since 10-98
Mandrake Users Club Member http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/club/