On Wednesday 15 May 2002 09:23, Tommy Eaton opened a general hailing
frequency and transmitted to all open stations:

> installing it on one workstation so this is a fairly small (?) project.
> I will need the workstation to be able to access windows shares from an
> NT 40 server, work on Office docs,

samba and open office are your friends.  komba2 is pretty good as well

> surf the web, run proprietary
> software,

like what software?

> and receive email from a Microsoft Post Office or Exchange 5.5
> server.

evolution will be your friend here.

--
"My soul would be an outlaw.  I can do nothing with it." -Harlan Ellison

shane
Profile at: http://dmoz.org/profiles/shen.html
Proud to be a DMOZ editor since 10-98
Mandrake Users Club Member http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/club/