On Saturday 18 May 2002 07:03 pm, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> I think XMMS can handle some kinds of streams. RealPlayer is
> available for GNU/Linux. CodeWeavers CrossOver Plugin (which costs
> money) can run Windows Media Player, RealPlayer (the Windows
> version), QuickTime and more.

     I was interested in QT.  I d/l'd the Crossover demo. The stand
alone qt5 player freezes my system (even run from a term, no error
mesgs). The plugin works well in Galeon, but not Konqueror or
Mozilla.  Only (major) problem is there isn't any way to get full
screen, or at least larger. My .mov's play at about 2" x 3", and that
ain't gonna get it.  BTW, the Crossover Windows Media Player also
freezes the system.

     So I'm back to running qt4 from my w98blows drive usin the
'regular' Codeweavers wine.  Works well, Full Scr, but the sound is
garbled, and it has to be re-started to change .mov's. I (Google;)
found a utility for converting .mov's to .mpg's, supposedly even the
newer Sorenson codec ones, but the utility is Mac only.  Guess I'm
just SOL for now ;(
--
    Tom Brinkman                    Corpus Christi, Texas