On Sun, 19 May 2002 10:11:10 -0500, Tom Brinkman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> On Saturday 18 May 2002 07:03 pm, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> > I think XMMS can handle some kinds of streams. RealPlayer is
> > available for GNU/Linux. CodeWeavers CrossOver Plugin (which costs
> > money) can run Windows Media Player, RealPlayer (the Windows
> > version), QuickTime and more.
>
>      I was interested in QT.  I d/l'd the Crossover demo. The stand
> alone qt5 player freezes my system (even run from a term, no error
> mesgs). The plugin works well in Galeon, but not Konqueror or
> Mozilla.  Only (major) problem is there isn't any way to get full
> screen, or at least larger. My .mov's play at about 2" x 3", and that
> ain't gonna get it.  BTW, the Crossover Windows Media Player also
> freezes the system.

There is a FAQ on the CodeWeavers site that covers most of these issues. I also
was burned by the system freeze problem, but the FAQ helped me fix it.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

"You have no privacy. Get over it." -- Scott McNealy, CEO of Sun Microsystems