Jerry wrote:

> well, the way i was thinking it could be done would probably take longer
> than typing rm mp31.mp3... rm mp32.mp3.... lol  does xmms's playlist let you
> rename files?  oh... that'd be another way.
>
> first idea was a regex script but unless it's mostly from one or two
> groups/albums it'd be more work than it's worth.. but if you had a playlist
> editor that let you rename them (by file, not by tag) like SpR Jukebox
> (unfortunately, just an mIRC script.. win98) you could batch name the ones
> you didn't want into something similar like done1-500.mp3 and rm done*.mp3.

I use XMMS to delete mass files eomtimes

Just highlight a bunch by holding down shift, then *Delete Permanently*
I believe is an option.  It is in winamp for sure. :)

on the CLI I don't know how to do that either other than if they were
named say... whatever1.mp3, whatever2.mp3.

then just do a "rm -f whatever*.mp3"

--
Femme

Good Decisions You boss Made:

"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux.  I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert