On Tuesday 21 May 2002 04:04, you wrote:
> Anyone else notice that from the Control Center -> Look n Feel ->
> System notifications, that if you preview an AU sound file that it
> not only doesn't play, but you lose sound until the next time KDE
> is restarted. Is this a known bug or just something about my setup?
> Thanks! ;-)

I read with interest and have used myself many of the anachronisms
mentioned, but quite honestly I do not understand what the
relationships are with one another. For instance Alsa, OSS, aRts, etc
etc. I wonder whether someone could write a short potted
history/technical explanation of what they actually do and how they
relate.

John
--
John Richard Smith