the url to cryptonym "intentionally left blank".  Security is an pet area of
interest to me, where have you gotten the info on what Ashcroft is doing?

-----Original Message-----
From: shane [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2002 7:38 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] OT: National security and M$

On Friday 24 May 2002 12:18 am, civileme opened a general hailing frequency
and transmitted to all open stations:

> Well, Brian it was all over the internet news, including the Register,
> August 1999.  And you can still find the story at www.cryptonym.com
> where they exvaluated the security danger from it as nothing abnormal,
> since the only reason the NSA would want such a key is to save a little
> time.

and ashcroft is actively fighting to get a backdoor put into rsa encryption.

check what the aclu has to say about tech sometime.

--
"Give me ambiguity or give me something else."

shane
Profile at: http://dmoz.org/profiles/shen.html
Proud to be a DMOZ editor since 10-98
Mandrake Users Club Member http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/club/