Do you have any idea how much it costs for the right to put the
Microsoft logo on a box? Bill Gates is a clever thief. Ever hear of MS-
DOS? That wasn't Gates' brainchild, it was IBM's. Only because they
forgot to secure their rights to it. When I first started with
computers oh so many moons ago, J-DOS was the thing., Command-line
based, completely incompatable with MS-DOS, and it eventually died out.
And I mean like 8086-era. Like, early to mid 80's.

Iceburgh69

Or for that matter, Microsoft?  Sure, it's a big unscrupulous
corporation, but is it doing anything much worse than most other
multinationals?  The strength of feeling against MS (which I
generally go along with) may be because the majority of computer
professionals and enthusiasts lead comparitively sheltered lives
(e.g. we went to school instead of working in a field or a
sweatshop).