On Sunday 26 May 2002 10:11 pm, Nashib .J. opened a general hailing
frequency and transmitted to all open stations:

> Can someone inform me if internet browsing under Linux is quicker than
> browsing under Windows9X.

generally spealing it is, at least in my experience.  same connection, same
server, same time , (ok one right after the other) when i had a windows
machine linux downloaded files both ftp and http faster than win2k.  but
not a whole lot.  if you are thinking your 56k will act like dsl, it ain't.
:)

--
"After you install Windows XP, you have the option to create user accounts.
If you create user accounts, by default, they will have an account type of

shane
Profile at: http://dmoz.org/profiles/shen.html
Proud to be a DMOZ editor since 10-98
Mandrake Users Club Member http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/club/