>hmm i think you forgot about the " ./ " perhaps?
>go to /mnt/cdrom and type "sh ./setup.sh "
>
>HTH
>
>Damian

Thanks, but that's not it - I tried all those different variations.  I
sent an e-mail that apparently hasn't reached the listserv yet that I
was able to read it with my DVD drive.  Strangely though - it turns out
that the only files I saw as being on the CD when I read it from my
CD-RW were the files located deep in the /mnt/cdrom2/Help/Manual/navart
directory.  Even stranger is that not even all those files showed up
when I viewed the CD using my CD-RW.  Very puzzling indeed.
 Nonetheless, I got it to install.  Unfortunately, I can't get it to run
now.  I did everything exactly as I've done the last two times I
installed it - made a shell script to kill the arts server before
running quake3, etc etc etc - still it doesn't start up.  It changes the
resolution to the installation default 640x480 and then and then says
received signal 11 - exiting.  Now, The only time I got that signal 11
error was when I first tried to install and I ghad the sound server
problem - but that's fixed since I'm using a script which kills the
sound server first, so I don't know what's going on :-\

Anyone able to help?

Thanks
Brian