Miark wrote:

> I'm sure the NSA could crack any PGP e-mail in a minute or two
> if they wanted to.
>
> Miark
>
> shane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> saith:
>
> > On Friday 31 May 2002 09:47 am, Tony S. Sykes did speak unto the huddled
> > masses, saying:
> >
> > > My guess is, the more secure the desktops the better, but your email
> > > messages are ours for the taking.
> >
> > behold the magic of pgp!  :)  i rarely use it, but it is nice to have when
> > it makes you feel safe....
> >
> > --
> > "Friends help you move.  Real friends help you move bodies."
> >
> > shane

Heh, i've followed teh Intelligence community for years now.  YEs they
can crack PGP but they can't crack it if the encryption alogrithm is
high enough.  Say... 1024? :)

The estimate (From an Intelligence source no less) says it will take
about 40 years to crack that.

Course encrypting would take a while too.  But you can do it.  Use
DESA.  They can't crack that & I think its builtin to PGP.

--
Femme

Good Decisions You boss Made:

"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux.  I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert