My guess is, the more secure the desktops the better, but your email
messages are ours for the taking.

-----Original Message-----
From: daRcmaTTeR [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2002 5:38 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Announcement: UnitedLinux

On Fri, 31 May 2002, civileme wrote:

> Miark wrote:
>
> >>I find it interesting that they made no mention of the efforts of
the
> >>NSA to develop a very very secure linux or the adjustments necessary
> >>the standards to accommodate it.  It is about as spy-proof as
software
> >>gets by the spies themselves...  NSA has issued a completed source
for
> >>the kernel and security routines (37 Mb download) and I think you
can
> >>guess we will be looking carefully at it for possible incorporation.
> >>
> >>Civileme
> >>

> >That seems inconsistent with their "we want a back door to Winsux"
> >behavior. Why would the NSA want us normal folk to have very secure
> >machines? Doesn't that just make their sky games more difficult?
> >
> >Miark
> >
> Ummm, the focus has changed in the intelligence community lately.  It
is
> more on preventing spying than performing it.  The whole issue is in
> source and is either GPL or public domain (yes, wide open for
"enhance,
> extend and claim") for those exclusively done by the NSA, as is
required
> by Federal Law.  I am tickled that they released the thing rather than
> just circulating it to the security-related Federal Agencies, and I am
> also pleased that they observed the strictures of the GPL, in letter
and
> in spirit.
>
> Civileme

Civileme,

this is incredibly interesting. where does one find the files to compile
the NSA's version of Linux. I'd love to take a look at this system.

--
Mark
a.k.a. daRcmaTTeR

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+- Business Computer Projects - Disclaimer -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
This message, and any associated attachment is confidential.  If you
have received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not
use or disclose the information in any way, and notify me immediately.
necessarily the views of Business Computer Projects Ltd, unless
specifically stated.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that emails and their
attachments are virus free, it is the responsibility of the recipient(s)
to verify the integrity of such emails.

Business Computer Projects Ltd
BCP House
151 Charles Street