On Sat, 2002-06-01 at 06:39, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> On Friday 31 May 2002 10:00 pm, shane wrote:
> > On Friday 31 May 2002 12:53 pm, Kaj Haulrich did speak unto the huddled
> >
> > masses, saying:
> > > Please forgive me for waisting your bandwidth.
> > > After about - what - half a year on the list, I'm suddenly "censored
> > > out". Don't know why - to many beers and cheers maybe ?
> > > Makes me kind'a sad, though. I think this list is very unique,
> > > informative, helpful and - sometimes - amusing.
> >
> > i am confused, how are you censored out?
>
> Well Shane, the last three days I've replied to 2 questions where I had the
> feeling I could be to some help. None showed up.
>
> Two days ago I posted a question of my own, concerning spam. Maybe that's the
> reason ? - Maybe the list has some "filter" who react to the phrase "spam" ?
>
> Well, now that it seems I'm back in business, I'll try to re-post it right
> away and see what happens.
>
> Regards
>
> Kaj Haulrich
> Denmark

I think you may have experienced the same scenario as me Kaj.  I have
sent the message below twice now, with different subjects and it has
failed to show in either version, while other posts I sent before and
after were showing up as usual.  Can anyone recall seeing this text?
It's in reply to the recent thread on Quake 3.

---------------------
I finally got around to doing this (not that I play games of course ;-)
and would like to post a small word of warning about the scenario that
just bit me:

Install Q3 and attempt to run.

Up comes a message saying that the permissions on the GLX device are too
restrictive to allow this and I should go look at the FAQ kindly
provided.

The FAQ spells out that the big bad wolf which reads
/etc/security/console.perms is setting some permissions too tough and
the solution is to edit that file, delete the line starting <dri> then
change some permissions to allow Q3 to have its wicked way.

Did that.

Q3 works.

Rebooted.

Oops!

Critical problem <dri> not known.  Respawning too fast yada yada yada.

Finally manage to log in as root.  Edit the console.perms and see that
the line removed (I commented it out actually) defines <dri>, but down
further perms for <dri> are set.  It doesn't like it when <dri> ain't
defined.

Remove comment and instead change the perms set for <dri> to the
required values.

Everyone is happy (inc Q3).

This is the first and last time I'll be editing this file on someone
else's say so, without bothering to understand what I'm really doing.

cheers
Brian

P.S.  Q3 is certainly damn fast on this OS!  Can't play it though -
gives me motion sickness!  Really!