On Sunday 02 June 2002 10:57 am, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I 've installed mandrake 8.2 everything works fine so far, but I cannot
> mount a floppy. Any suggestion??
>
> cheers
>
> /giannis

Giannis--
        I had a similar problem and found the the solution on the Frankenlinux page
about fstab:
www.frankenlinux.com/intor/fstab.html
and used the suggested fstab setting listed there:

/dev/fd0  /mnt/floppy  auto  rw,noauto,users,nosuid,nodev,sync,noexec  0  0

I think the important entry is the "rw" in the Mount Options (field three)
list which means, of course, read/write.

The Frankenlinux site is a *very* well written, useful resource--I recommend
it. Not as much fun as this list, though ;-)

                Nick