Dennis Myers wrote:

>On Sunday 02 June 2002 11:57 am, you wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I 've installed mandrake 8.2 everything works fine so far, but I cannot
>>mount a floppy. Any suggestion??
>>
>>cheers
>>
>>/giannis
>>
>You may not have permission as user. Go to a console and type in "su" and
>then enter your root password. Then at the command prompt type "userdrake"
>all without the quotes.  A small gui will come up and you will see your
>user(s) .  Highlight your user with a click of the mouse and then click on
>edit. At this point you will see a new box, click on the group tab and then
>add floppy and probably cdrom cdrwriter users and any others you want, don't
>add root. This is done one at a time by highlighting the group with a mouse
>click and then clicking on the <-  arrow to put it on the left side. when
>done selecting click save and you will have access to floppy and others we
>hope.  HTH

>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

It may also be that you have one of those chipsets where the PNP Bios
doesn't properly reset the floppy on boot.  In that case

esc

at the boot screen  and

linux nobiospnp

may be necessary

If that works, then go to Mandrake Control center and under Boot => Boot
Configuration, change the Append line of each linux boot to include
nobiospnp

Civileme