On Sunday 02 June 2002 11:57 am, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I 've installed mandrake 8.2 everything works fine so far, but I cannot
> mount a floppy. Any suggestion??
>
> cheers
>
> /giannis
You may not have permission as user. Go to a console and type in "su" and
then enter your root password. Then at the command prompt type "userdrake"
all without the quotes.  A small gui will come up and you will see your
user(s) .  Highlight your user with a click of the mouse and then click on
edit. At this point you will see a new box, click on the group tab and then
add floppy and probably cdrom cdrwriter users and any others you want, don't
add root. This is done one at a time by highlighting the group with a mouse
click and then clicking on the <-  arrow to put it on the left side. when
done selecting click save and you will have access to floppy and others we
hope.  HTH
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842