Hi,
    I rarely ask questions for others but this one has me stumped. My colleague running LM8.2 has a default (for his hardware) configuration. He created one user. Then, he went to the security configuration utility and set it to "high". Now he can't get in the gui login as root. His user account still works and he can 'su' in a terminal. This behaviour seems to have started just after he changed the security setting to high. My research found a possible solution in the /etc/security/access.conf  with a missing entry like...
-:ALL EXCEPT <list of accounts>:LOCAL

Am I on the right track here? Has anyone come across this one before? Newbie archives don't return anything on this.

tia,
Bill W.