Well if you set 'High Security' you should not be surprised if the security is
'high'.  Logging in as root is dangerous... therefore it is not permitted.
If you do not like it, then reduce the security level to something more lax or
tune the security options as decribed here
http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/docs/msec.php

derek