I have instlled Mandrake 8.2 on a Gateway Solo 5150 with a xircom pcmcia
card containing a ethernet nic and a modem. I was pleasantly surprised
with the install and the xircom/modem/nic was detected and set up.I know
the nic works (eth0) and have set up kppp to dial out and connect to my
isp.

My problem is even though I have connected with the modem nothing seems
to recognize it and just sits there waiting for the nic to time out. If
I had a choice I would rather have the modem but it would be nice to
have both.

Has anyone worked with a xircom or has any suggestions?

Thanks Roly
--
"The directions said to install Windows 98/2000 or better!
             So I installed Linux!"

        Linux Counter: 241069