et wrote:

>you might have 64 megs stuck in the box, but if you have 8 megs for the
>"shared on board video" you then only have 56 megs max and NEED to tell that
>to the installer. when you first hit enter to install, try f1, then, without
>the quotes; "mem=54" and do the text install. it will be slow if it runs
>
>On Tuesday 18 June 2002 02:16 pm, you wrote:
>
>>Micheal,
>>
>>I have at least 64mb for sure.  This machine is an IBM
>>PC 300GL.
>>
>>I tried making a dos boot disk with the XXXXwin.exe
>>program but got some type of error saying that it is
>>not a Win32 application.
>>
>>Wut Else can I try?
>>
>>Jag
>>
>>--- Michael Adams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>>How much memory do you have?
>>>
>>>--
>>>Michael

>>MandrakeSoft?
>>
>>>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

>>Yahoo! - Official partner of 2002 FIFA World Cup
>>http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

You have either a bad CD or a bad drive or a little combination of both.
 The "could not uncompress second stage RAMdisk" is a dead giveaway.

My webserver/mailserver IS a PC300GL desktop with the CL5465 embedded on
board and memory is autodetected successfully with 8.2 and 8.1 and both
install successfully on it.  It also serves as printserver, so I am
running 8.1 cause the 8.2 driver for my printer was unsuccessful.

Civileme