I use KMail and would like to know if there is any currently known risk of
being infected by a virus on a Linux system from opening any file
attachments that might be sent to me.

Prior to getting converted to Linux and KMail, I had always avoided opening
any attachments to try to avoid getting hit by a virus.  Even so, I did get
hit with a virus once that wiped out my entire "C" drive.

>From time to time, people do send attachments to me and I have continued to
avoid opening them, but would like to know if there is some way that I can
safely do so with KMail.

Joe Lowder
Mesa, Arizona USA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]