Steve Jeppesen wrote:

>Don't know about nonfb, but I had to use failsafe within the past few days.
>It is kinda like safe mode in M$, but only root can log in...at least for
>the problem I had.

nonfb =  non-frame-buffer. Sometimes necessary with older video cards (I
had to use it for a while - I think it was on my Trdent 3DImage).  If
normal linux is working fine in X, you should never need it.

Sir Robin

--
"It suits the poet himself to be dutifully chaste,
his verses not necessarily so at all" - Catullus

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Üniversitesi
Ankara 06533