On Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:48, Scott wrote:
> On Sunday 23 June 2002 12:28 am, you wrote:

> > > Well if you have on-board sound it may be posible to use it.  A number
> > > of ALSA drivers/configurations are non-working at the moment, but often
> > > the alternaticve OSS drivers do work.  Do you have linux installed
> > > already?  If so let's see
> > >
> > > cat /etc/modules.conf
> > >
> > > and
> > >
> > > lspcidrake
> > >
> > > outputs
> > >
> > > Just run those in a terminal window, highlight the output with a mouse,
> > > then middle-click it onto your mail composition.
> > >
> > > Civileme
> >
> > Here's the output:
> >
> > cat /etc/modules.conf
> >
> > pre-install pcmcia_core CARDMGR_OPTS=-f /etc/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia start
> > alias usb-interface usb-uhci
> > probeall scsi_hostadapter ide-scsi
> > alias eth0 8139too
> >
> > and:
> >
> >  lspcidrake
> > agpgart         : VIA Technologies|VT82C598 [Apollo MVP3]
> > unknown         : VIA Technologies|VT82C598 [Apollo MVP3 AGP]
> > 8139too         : Accton|SMC2-1211TX
> > unknown         : VIA Technologies|VT82C586/A/B PCI-to-ISA [Apollo VP]
> > unknown         : VIA Technologies|VT82C586 IDE [Apollo]
> > usb-uhci        : VIA Technologies|VT82C586B USB
> > unknown         : VIA Technologies|VT82C586B ACPI
> > Card:ATI Mach64 : ATI|3D Rage LT Pro AGP-133
> > unknown         : Virtual|Hub []
> > scanner         : Seiko Epson Corp.|Perfection 1240U []
> >
> > BTW, I don't have that scanner running, I didn't know that it was
> > detected. Thanks,
> > SW
>
> From the output, any hope of getting the onboard sound working in 8.1?
>
> Thanks,
> SW

Heres mine:
VT82C686 [Apollo Super AC97/Audio]
This is the model: quoted from harddrake.
8.2 found and installed it perfectly on install. The KDE load up sound just
about made me soil my undies. It had been that long since i had heard
anything. Really not sure about differences between a *586 and *686 board.
--
Michael