Hi,

its me again.  i successfully installed kinput2 and freewin RPM on my Linux
Mandrake 8.2 as well as the Japanese fonts, but shift+space and ctrl+/ is
still not working.  how can i input hiragana, katakana and kanji?  what
applications do they usually can be used for?  i tried it on advnace editor
and kWord but still not working.  is there something i missed?  my default
language is English and I just like to make Japanese available for my
console cause my job requires some Japanese documents.

also, i already configured my keyboard to 106 japanese but none of those
extra keys work.  I tried to edit the key binding configuration but it cant
detect the extra keys.  is the windows key really not working in mandrake?

any suggestions?

last.  how can i have my own Linux User number?  Do i have to pay for that?

thanks!

--
g2
"intelligence, acquired; wisdom, inherent."