On Thursday 08 February 2007 22:04, Paul wrote:
> >> Actually from everything I've read the official Knoppix position on
> >> writing to NTFS is, to paraphrase, no/yes/maybe/maybe-not/depends.
> >
> >I just got the March 2007 issue of Linux Format. Knoppix 5.1.1 is on
> >the cover disc. On the pages where the disc is enclosed it says that
> >this version of Knoppix has "Improved NTFS support." The accompanying
> >article says its the NTFS-3G driver. I don't know much about this. I'm
> >just passing along information.
>
> Thank you both for the info. I got a laptop from work and thought it would
> be nice to have a form of linux to use on it also (yes, it has XP / NTFS)
> on it. But with things still so uncertain I'll refrain from that for now.
>
> Paul

Just do a complete backup (and verify that it's restorable; I made that
mistake once - a bad DVD burner silently trashed my backup), then go for it.

Hey, even if you trash it, your better off without Windoze 8^}

--
These are my opinions. Get your own.
Want to buy your Pack or Services from Mandriva?