On Sunday 20 January 2002 05:53 am, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not new to linux but am to xfree version 4.
>
> I have tried to install xfree 4 (latest version last week), but did not
> get it to work.
> I installed   caldera eserver 3.1 and installed as if it was radeon qe
> (I figured that was the closest to ve, although that was a quess.)
> It did not work. I did get it to work as vga with 16 colours, but that
> won't do. svga did not work, don't know why. And yes, I treid to
> search the xfree.org site documentation.
>
> My questions are:
> - is radeon ve (with tv out and so on) working with xfree 4? I do not
> care about 3d

yes, it does work. You may need to download , build and install the CVS
version of XFree86. Or maybe not. A source of a TV-out driver can be found at
http://gatos.sf.net

> - What programs can I run to adjust settings?

there are several, depending on which distribution of Linux you have.

> - What config files does xfree 4 use?
It's called XFre86Config-4 (the 4 denotes v4.x)

> - is /usr/x11/X supposed to be a soft link to xfree86?

yes

--
Lloyd Osten
[EMAIL PROTECTED]