> > My questions are:
> > - is radeon ve (with tv out and so on) working with xfree 4? I do
> > not care about 3d
>
> yes, it does work. You may need to download , build and install the
> CVS version of XFree86. Or maybe not. A source of a TV-out driver can
> be found at http://gatos.sf.net

Thanks! Why do I need a cvs version or not? Is radeon ve notcurrently working with
the stable rpm's?

> > - What programs can I run to adjust settings?
>
> there are several, depending on which distribution of Linux you have.

I have caldera. Can I just use the old xf86config (or something similar, I forgot). I
quess man xf96conf will tell me? I also saw reference to xfree86 -configure? Or is
that something that tells you how you did configure it?

> > - What config files does xfree 4 use?
> It's called XFre86Config-4 (the 4 denotes v4.x)
>
> > - is /usr/x11/X supposed to be a soft link to xfree86?
> >
> yes

How does it know what driver to use then? In my xf86config-4 it says something
about dri (the 3-d stuff). What can I put in there to just get a non-3d screen
working?
Is the issue with using the non-dvi output still a problem?

greetings

hc
Theories come and go, the frog stays [F. Jacob]
Hans-Cees Speel http://www.hanscees.com
pgp public key at http://www.hanscees.com/hcs.asc

Editor "Journal of Memetics Evolutionary Models of Information Transmission"
http://www.cpm.mmu.ac.uk/jom-emit
submit papers to the new managing editors at
[EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]