hi,
glad to klet you know that radeon ve works fine with xfree 4.1. Did
xfree86 -configure and all went well!

greetings

hc

> On Sunday 20 January 2002 05:53 am, you wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am not new to linux but am to xfree version 4.
> >
> > I have tried to install xfree 4 (latest version last week), but did
> > not get it to work. I installed   caldera eserver 3.1 and installed
> > as if it was radeon qe (I figured that was the closest to ve,
> > although that was a quess.) It did not work. I did get it to work as
> > vga with 16 colours, but that won't do. svga did not work, don't
> > know why. And yes, I treid to search the xfree.org site
> > documentation.
> >
> > My questions are:
> > - is radeon ve (with tv out and so on) working with xfree 4? I do
> > not care about 3d
>
> yes, it does work. You may need to download , build and install the
> CVS version of XFree86. Or maybe not. A source of a TV-out driver can
> be found at http://gatos.sf.net
>
> > - What programs can I run to adjust settings?
>
> there are several, depending on which distribution of Linux you have.
>

> > - What config files does xfree 4 use?
> It's called XFre86Config-4 (the 4 denotes v4.x)
>
> > - is /usr/x11/X supposed to be a soft link to xfree86?
> >
> yes
>
> > that's it, hope you can help me!
>

> --
> Lloyd Osten
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> ICQ # 63460821

Theories come and go, the frog stays [F. Jacob]
Hans-Cees Speel http://www.hanscees.com
pgp public key at http://www.hanscees.com/hcs.asc

Editor "Journal of Memetics Evolutionary Models of Information
Transmission"
http://www.cpm.mmu.ac.uk/jom-emit
submit papers to the new managing editors at
[EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]