XFree86 4.2 uses the config file /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 not /etc/X11/XF86Config. Did you add the changes to the righ file? I have a similar setup. It works fine

Rahul

Scott Wentzel wrote:

I am using XFree86 4.2 under Suse Linux 8.0 with a linux kernel of 2.4.18.
I have an Elo Touchscreen.  I have followed the EloTouch installation
instructions in setting up the /etc/X11/XF86Config file manually, and I have
also ran the SaX2 program to setup that config file automatically, but I
still cannot get the EloTouch screen to work.  The XF86Config file looks
like something like this, although I have tried many variations in my
attempts:

			Added to "ServerLayout" section
				'Inputdevice "touchscreen1"
"SendCoreEvents"'
			Added an "InputDevice" section
				'Section "InputDevice"
				Identifier "touchscreen1"
				Driver "elographics"
				Option "Device" "/dev/ttyS2"
				Option "AlwaysCore"
				Option "screenno" "0"
				Option "MinX" "600"
				Option "MaxX" "3600"
				Option "MinY" "600"
				Option "MaxY" "3600"
				Option "UntouchDelay" "3"
				Option "ReportDelay" "1"
				EndSection'

Then I restart the X Server by logging out, and I have also tried rebooting,
but It still doesn't work.  I also noticed I get an error message in the
/var/log/Xfree86.0.log file.  I dont know if its related or not, but the
error is:
	Not at the specified rate or model 2310, will continue
	Unable to ask Elographics touchscreen identification

Is there anyone who might be able to help me figure out what I'm missing ?

Thanks...

Scott Wentzel
Rite Solutions
1272 West Main Rd, Middletown, RI, 02842
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.rite-solutions.com
(401) 847-3399 x26 (office)
(401) 847-8833 (fax)