Hi,

Can this cast some light on XF86Config. To my knowledge, startx or xdm
as a basis via start up scripts is using XFree86 (where ever it sits) only.
Any variants like XFree86-4, XFree86.old, .. saved or what ever are just
backups.

Ensure that your XF86Config is tailored to your linking.

Hans.

E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]