The file format for XF86Config and XF86Config-4 is different. So renaming a XF86Config as XF86Config-4 is unlikely to work. I have attached the config file which is working for me. Use this config file and replace the video driver with the one you have . This should work.

Scott Wentzel wrote:

There is no XF86Config-4 file in /etc/X11 on my machine, only the XF86Config
file.  However, I believe this is the correct file, because the
Xfree86.0.log file states that the elographics_drv.o file is getting loaded,
it just doesn't work.  That being said I copied my XF86Config file to
XF86Config-4 and rebooted, but it still doesn't work.  The log file now says
its using the Config-4 file, but I still get the same error.

Scott

Scott Wentzel
Rite Solutions
1272 West Main Rd, Middletown, RI, 02842
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.rite-solutions.com
(401) 847-3399 x26 (office)
(401) 847-8833 (fax)