What operating system, what version of newsclipper, and what install
method did you use?

I am experiencing the same symptoms you are. I just installed
NewsClipper v1.28 on my Debian Linux system using the new Debian package
1.28 that Goerzen recently uploaded to the Debian archive. (I also had
to install a couple perl modules manually that Goerzen did not include
in the debian package: DBI-1.14, File-Cache-0.14, File-Spec-0.82,
Storable-1.0.7)

I don't think the server was down when I had my problem, D.C. checked
it and told me it was up.  You can download the handlers manually from
http://www.newsclipper.com/

--
"Erik Reuter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       http://www.erikreuter.com/