From Andi Novick:

Dear friends,

I assume many of you have received an email including misleading
information from New Yorkers for Verified Voting & the League of
Women Voters regarding New York's Lever Voting System, Democracy and
the Law. Unfortunately the two position papers and the press release
recently distributed, misrepresents the law. Their Statement on NY's
Lever Machines sets up what appears to be higher standards for a
voting system and then rejects the lever machines as not meeting
those standards. In fact the lever machines are far superior to the
minimum standards set by the Help America Vote Act (HAVA), now being
touted by NYVV/LWV.

The Election Transparency Coalition has issued this 2 page paper
<http://sites.google.com/site/remediaetc/home/documents/Adem-compliantvotingsystem.pdf>http://sites.google.com/site/remediaetc/home/documents/Adem-compliantvotingsystem.pdf

explaining the superiority of the transparent lever technology over
software technology, which is so inadequate and theft-inviting in its
concealed operation that the best we can do is manually count paper
to try to catch the undetectable fraud enabled by software. But in NY
we will only first attempt to verify the software's results by hand
counting some ballots after the election is over, thus exposing the
ballots to increased opportunities for unseen tampering which would
then render verification impossible! That unfortunately is the
verification urged in NYVV/LWV's first position paper.

There was a second position paper issued by NYVV/LWV regarding NY's
lever machines and HAVA, which purports to state facts that are not
facts, but rather represent a specious legal interpretation of HAVA
that was put forth by the EAC, a federal agency administering HAVA
under the Bush administration. That would be the same EAC that
infamously rewrote the bipartisan findings of a report that had
not found the evidence of voter fraud (not to be confused with
election fraud) which the EAC was hoping for in order to justify
restrictive voter ID laws, so the EAC just rewrote the report and
ignored the findings! What NYVV has misrepresented as "facts"
are merely the interpretation held by the EAC, and now apparently
NYVV and the LWV, which has never been ruled on by a court. It is
absolutely untrue to say that HAVA requires replacement of our lever
machines. HAVA does not say that. As the paper linked to above
explains, our lever voting system augmented with accessible ballot
marking devices, is now HAVA-compliant and more importantly,
democracy-compliant in a way concealed software-based scanners and
DREs can never be.

Please go
to <http://re-mediaetc.blogspot.com/>http://re-mediaetc.blogspot.com/  to
take action to save the last transparent, theft-deterring state-wide
voting system in the country.  If we can pressure NYS's government to
resist the federal government's plan to spend billions of taxpayers
dollars for inaccurate, inaccessible, unauditable, unreliable voting
equipment that counts our votes in secret, we can be a beacon to the
nation.

Help us get more county resolutions in support of retaining our
levers. Write to every state and federal official linked at our site,
especially your county legislators. There's a letter at the blog site
for you to send. Dutchess County and we expect shortly more of the
Hudson Valley will pass resolutions. Get your county to join the
groundswell.

Sign & circulate the Petition to Save Our Levers
<http://www.electiondefensealliance.org/save_ny_levers>http://www.electiondefensealliance.org/save_ny_levers

Join our newly  started group on Facebook to help us circulate more
widely across the State:
<http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=49170305479>http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=49170305479

Please volunteer some time and donate to our efforts. As it says in
our paper linked above- "Democracy (demos = people, kratos = rule)
requires that all citizens have equal access to power." The Election
Transparency Coalition needs some more citizen power to save our
democracy.

Thank you,

Andi Novick
Re-Media Election Transparency Coalition,
<http://re-mediaetc.blogspot.com/>http://re-mediaetc.blogspot.com/

A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above.
<http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1218822736x1201267884/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%26bcd=febemailfooterNO62>See

yours in just 2 easy steps!