RED NEWS - MUFC Daily News by Email.
For the very latest news, the fans forum, and more,
check out the website at http://www.rednews.co.uk

[7] Pre-order new Beckham DVD
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, June 29, 2002 by redend:
Not due out until July 15th - you can pre-order it now.

   http://www.blackstar.co.uk/scp/id/rednews/video/item/7000000071684
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from plain
text email version of news
   8 DVD  http://www.blackstar.co.uk/scp/id/rednews/video/item/7000000071684  David
Beckham - The Kick Off (DVD)

 This programme examines footballing phenomenon and celebrity David Beckham, using
exclusive action footage and through the people that know him best - friends, critics,
and fellow professional footballers. It pieces together and provides an insight into
his character and how with determination, courage and excellence he has overcome the
horrors of the 1998 World Cup disaster against Argentina. ....

 DVD Price: £ 12.99
SAVE: 1.00

 (approx. price check latest price
http://www.blackstar.co.uk/scp/id/rednews/video/item/7000000071684 here)
http://www.blackstar.co.uk/scp/id/rednews/video/item/7000000071684 CLICK HERE FOR MORE
INFO

Books: http://www.rednews.co.uk/unitedbooks.php United /
http://www.rednews.co.uk/otherbooks.php Others || Videos:
http://www.rednews.co.uk/unitedvideos.php United /
http://www.rednews.co.uk/othervideos.php Others || DVDs:
http://www.rednews.co.uk/uniteddvds.php United /
http://www.rednews.co.uk/otherdvds.php Others

---------------------------------
[6] Keegan at it again
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, June 29, 2002 by tb:
About Marc-Vivien Foe:

"The Marc-Vivien Foe signing is very important."

"You have got to have someone in there to marshal the troops. He is a similar player,
I suppose, to Roy Keane."

Nurse, the screens!

---------------------------------
[5] Utd deal Bury a blow
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, June 29, 2002 by tb:
By switching reserve games to Altrincham:

Bury joint chairman John Smith

"We had heard verbally United might not be coming back, but now we’ve had a letter
confirming it."

"£35,000 is a tidy sum to find for a club like ours."

Paddy H says:

"From next season we have decided to play our reserve games at Altrincham’s Moss Lane
ground. The state of the Bury pitch was a problem for us.

"We played some matches at Altrincham last season that went well. We had good crowds
there and the ground is also nearer to our training complex. Altrincham did well for
us and we felt Moss Lane was better suited to our needs."

---------------------------------
[4] Keeper rumour
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, June 29, 2002 by tb:
Apparently, we are after aTurkish stopper Rustu, he of the badly applied eye liner.
Arse are also chasing.

---------------------------------
[3] Remember me?
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, June 29, 2002 by tb:
Simon Davies on life at OT and afterwards:

"Don’t get me wrong, I had a marvellous time at Old Trafford. I played alongside
people who have become great internationals, both in that superb youth side, the
United first team and in Europe.

"I also played once for Wales against Switzerland in 1995 and I’ve got the cap here to
prove it. I’m very, very proud of that.

"I had 12 first team games, including two in the European Cup and I’ll never forget
the night I scored at Old Trafford on my European debut in 1994."

"The chance came, I wanted first team football so I went. But I had only just started
going out with my girlfriend Michelle and I hated it down there.

"It was too far to come home during the week so I was stuck on my own after training
every day until I went in again the next day.

"I had too much time on my own, I wasn’t happy and it went into my football. It was a
make-or-break move to leave United and, unfortunately, it was more break and than make
for me.

"I missed my family and social life back in Cheshire very badly but it made me realise
how much it meant to me. I am very family orientated. Maybe things would have been
different if I had stayed in the north west but getting a move to Macclesfield was
brilliant because it brought me back north and I loved it there.

"I was happy enough at Rochdale, too, but I was always coming to the end of contracts
and I started to think about the longer term.

"The influx of foreign players at the top end of the game was having a domino effect
down the league and I wanted to make sure I had a job and an income after my soccer
career.

"That need increased when I married Michelle in June last year and now we have our
first child. That’s brilliant - even despite the sleepless nights and the fact that
while he’s got a Welsh name, Michelle has insisted on the English spelling."

---------------------------------
[2] In good company
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, June 29, 2002 by tb:
Joining us in the 3rd pre group qualifying round(!) of the Champions League are
Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Inter Milan.

Our first round games start on August 13th

[1] I give it 6 months
Posted Saturday, June 29, 2002 by tb:
Anelka:

"Manchester City is by no means a step backwards for me. It's a great club and I am
very happy to be there."

This email has been filtered for swear words which cause some email systems to block
messages.