On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, you wrote:

> The major problem seems to be finding libinn and libstorage.  I have
> a newslib directory where these are, but for some reason it is being
> ignored.  I put libinn.la in /usr/lib to get libinn to be found, but
> I could never get it to find libstorage.a or storage.h even though I
> pointed the include directory to the include directory from the inn
> distribution.

Can you enlighten please me on:

        Which OS you are running?

        Which INN?

        Did you compile/install an INN tarball, or did you install a
        package of some sort?

        Where, exactly, did your INN distribution put the above files?

        Did you run ldconfig (if that is required on your system)?

>  What I finally did was to edit config.h to define
> HAVE_LIBSTORAGE 1 and that made things compile properly, but when I
> linked with the libstorage.a in your .libs directory, I got undefined
> symbols, when I did the gcc command by hand and made sure to use the
> inn libstorage.a, things worked fine.

Perhaps it got the wrong libstorage? What were the undefined symbols?

Egil
PS: I've added this as bug #110 in bugzilla (it is the only way I seem to
have any chance of keeping organized)
--
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Voice/videophone: +47 22523641 Voice: +47 92022780 Fax: +47 22525899