> Most likely this is bug:
> http://bugs.opensolaris.org/view_bug.do?bug_id=6636260

Thanks, that's it, certainly. An old bug, any plans when this would be fixed ?

> You can find multiple issues for NFSv3, does that make it not ready for
> production?

We've changed to NFSv4 since v3 does not meet our production needs anymore
(problems with hundreds of clients, convoluted automounter tables).

> OpenSolaris means many things, you've chosen to focus on just one aspect.

My problem is that we find problems on whatever we focus on... It have been 2
years
of struggling until we had a merely usable production environment with the
different
SXDE, OSol releases, and our hope was that this finally consolidates in Osol
2009.06.

> So, the first question is whether or not you are paying for support with
> OpenSolaris? If so, you have other
> avenues to explore raising this issue.

Thanks for asking. Here are the facts:
  a) since we couldn't use solaris 10, we found ourselves on SXDE the last two
years
       => guess it? No support possible (we're begging for it on our knees !)
  b) we then decided to switch to Osol 2008.10 => again: no support possible
      => stayed at SXDE 01.09
  c) then we heard that Osol 2009.06 will have official support
      => switched finally, but what ? Sun Germany was not able to offer us a
            service plan ! We waited until beginning of August, just two weeks
ago
            we got our first offer (a lot of money, since we've a lot of
clients, but still
            less than for an enterprise linux).
So, yes, we want Osol support, but it was not our fault that we don't have it
until now....
And, of course, we won't pay for an OS if we cannot use it for our real work.

> If not, then you should really
> consider why you expect enterprise
> quality code at no cost to yourself.

That's what Sun always claimed:  " Enterprise code at no cost ! All your needs
for free !"
(Of course, Larry will stop this quickly...).
You can't release an OS and say: 'Hey, try it, but it won't work for you, but
if you buy
support, you may get a working version in a year or so...'.     Bad business
plan.
We've choosen Osol since it is open (and free), but was always clear that we are
willing to pay for a good service (for issues) for a working OS, but we won't
pay if we
can't use the OS now (we are even not allowed to do that!) .