Stephen Wells wrote:
> I have a Windows Server 2003 NAS hosting my user home directories and have
> been using it with Solaris 9 and 10 for quite some time. We recently setup a
> new server which I Virtualized using OpenSolaris and Zen. Besides the
> OpenSolaris dom0 I have 3 domU's 2 of which are also OpenSolaris 2009.06 and
> the third being Solaris 10. I have no problem with the NFS mount from the NAS
> on the Solaris 10 instance. But I am unable to mount the directory on the
> OpenSolaris instances. I created a temporary mount point /tmon and mounted
> the directory # mount -F nfs NAS01:/UHome /tmon which worked but whenever I
> try and access the mount I get the following:
> swells at ACRTEK29:/var/log# cd /tmon
> NFS access failed for server NAS01: error 7 (RPC: Authentication error)
> NFS access failed for server NAS01: error 7 (RPC: Authentication error)
> bash: cd: /tmon: I/O error
>
> If I look at the mount using the mount command I see:
> /tmon on NAS01:/UHome remote/read/write/setuid/devices/xattr/dev=4d80001 on
> Tue Nov  3 16:32:59 2009
>
> I have setup my id mapping on the NAS and security on the NAS allows all
> machines full access. There are no error messages being logged on the NAS. I
> am running out of places to look. I have verified that the nfs/client:default
> is enabled and online.
> I would appreciate any ideas.
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve

Stephen,

You might have better luck asking on one of the CIFS discussion lists.

What I would do is make sure that the UID you are using on the
OpenSolaris machine
is the same as that which you are using on the Solaris 10 one. Also, try the
same experiment on a Solaris 10 machine.

The other thing is that your shell prompt makes me think you are trying
this as root.
Are there any problems when you use a normal id?

Thanks,
Tom